As the Duchess of Cambridge and a fairy tale-esque story to her rise to royalty, Kate Middleton is one of the most beloved figures in the British Royal Family. At a state banquet honoring Spain’s King Felipe and Queen Letizia at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday night, however, she paid homage to another beloved royal — Prince William’s mother, the late Princess Diana.
Kate arrived at the banquet wearing a pale pink and lace Marchesa gown, but the crowning highlight of her look was the Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara, which belonged to Princess Diana and which E! News reports was one of the princess’ favorite pieces of jewelry.
See Kate’s tribute to Diana below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State