Stephen Colbert is a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and if you weren’t already a fan, once you hear Andy Serkis read President Trump’s tweets in Gollum’s voice, you just might become one.
While Serkis is on the talk show circuit to help promote his new movie War for the Planet of the Apes, he was willing to step back into his Lord of the Rings role as a special favor for noted Tolkien enthusiast Colbert, when he stopped by The Late Show on Tuesday night.
Serkis hunkered down in a chair on Colbert’s set to transform into Gollum and proceeded to read from President Trump’s account and the “fake news media” never sounded so unsettling. “The fake news media has never been so wrong or so dirty,” Serkis said in Gollum’s raspy voice. “Purposely incorrect stories and phony sources to meet their agenda of hate. Sad.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate