One curvy woman stripped down on Hollywood Boulevard to protest the way L.A. thinks about bodies.
Amani Terrell, who weighs 260 lbs, strutted down Hollywood Boulevard in a brightly colored bikini to prove she has nothing to hide.
“You cannot seek validation from other people. The world is very cruel,” Terrell told Fox43. “You must seek validation within yourself and be kind to yourself.”
She also says she’s trying to fight the idea that bigger women always feel bad about their bodies. “There’s a misconception that big women have low self-esteem. I don’t have low self-esteem.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time