U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin are sitting down for their much-anticipated first meeting Friday, and the first footage of the two world leaders shaking hands has already been released.
The video was posted on Facebook by German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cabinet, the Bundesregierung, with the caption: “Exclusive perspective! We put a video camera on our foto colleague’s camera showing you very special insights into the informal meeting of G20, the so-called ‘retreat.'”
Trump tweeted ahead of his meeting with Putin that there is “much to discuss.” They are expected to broach foreign policy issues such as the conflict in Syria and Russia’s actions in Ukraine. Many are also waiting to see whether Trump brings up Russia’s attempts to interfere with the U.S. election.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization