As clashes between government security forces and protestors critical of the current government continue in Venezuela, a group of musicians have decided to make their thoughts known by making a version of Prohibido Olvidar, the 1991 song about repressive politics by singer Ruben Blades.
Billboard reports that trombonist Johsir Cordova convened a group of over 30 performers to produce the cover, retitled Prohibido Olvidar Venezuela (“Forgetting Venezuela is Forbidden”), which was uploaded last week to YouTube.
“In Venezuela we are undergoing a very difficult time,” singer Rafael “Pollo” Brito reportedly told El Pitazo, a Venezuelan news site. ‘We cannot forget absolutely anything.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org