YouTube star Stevie Ryan died over the weekend in her Los Angeles home, in what authorities have ruled a suicide.
The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office ruled Ryan’s death on Saturday a suicide by hanging. Ryan, who was 33, became known for her Little Loca YouTube series and celebrity impersonations. She starred in the VH1 comedy series Stevie TV and was a co-host on Brody Jenner’s talk show Sex with Brody.
Ryan had spoken out in recent days about the death of her grandfather.
“The man of my dreams will now only be in my dreams. I’ll miss you everyday, forever. I love you my Pa,” she said in a Twitter post on Friday.
Ryan hosted a podcast about depression, called Mentally Ch(ill). In a recent episode, she also discussed her grandfather’s death.
“I’m just worried that this is going to send me into a deeper depression,” she said during the episode, according to People.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com