New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is facing backlash online after photos emerged of him catching some sun on a beach he closed to most visitors amid a state government shutdown.
Aerial shots of the Republican governor enjoying the empty beach also sparked a flood of memes depicting Christie on a beach chair in various scenes:
California Rep. Jack Kimble stuck the governor in a galaxy far, far away:
Here’s Christie in the middle of a classic movie scene:
Christie defended the controversial trip in an interview with Good Day Philadelphia.
“I’m sorry, they’re not the governor,” he said of the people who did not have access to the beach.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating