The Watch the Throne collaborators have reportedly found themselves at odds over a money dispute involving Jay’s streaming service Tidal, TMZ reports.
West reportedly alleges that the company owes him more than $3 million and he has reportedly attempted to end his agreement with the music service only to have the company threaten to sue him for breach of contract, according to TMZ.
The site reports that West’s camp and Tidal officials have unsuccessfully tried to resolve the issue, in which West allegedly claims he never received a promise bonus for his latest album, The Life of Pablo‘s, positive impact on the company.
Neither reps for JAY-Z nor West have responded to a request for comment from PEOPLE.
Company officials allegedly warned West that if he went to another streaming service they’d sue him, prompting West to allegedly threaten a lawsuit of his own.
The news comes just days after the rappers’ relationship consumed headlines thanks to Jay-Z’s highly anticipated album 4:44, on which he sends a few jabs Kanye’s way.
“I know people backstab you, I feel bad too,” JAY-Z raps on the album’s first track, “Kill JAY-Z.”
“But this ‘f— everybody’ attitude ain’t natural/ But you ain’t the same, this ain’t KumbaYe/ But you got hurt because you did cool by ‘Ye/ You gave him 20 million without blinkin’/ He gave you 20 minutes on stage, f— was he thinkin’?/ ‘F— wrong with everybody?’ is what you sayin’/ But if everybody’s crazy, you’re the one that’s insane.”
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now