At least one person was killed and 6 others were injured when a gunman opened fire at New York’s Bronx Lebanon Hospital on Friday, police said.
The shooter took his own life, the Associated Press reported, citing a law enforcement official. An NYPD spokesman said the gunman died at the hospital.
The gunman, Dr. Henry Bello, was a doctor who formerly worked at the hospital, a law enforcement source told the AP. He entered Bronx Lebanon Hospital at about 2:50 p.m. on Friday with a rifle concealed in a lab coat and began shooting. The law enforcement official told the AP that Bello then apparently killed himself.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com