At least one person was killed and 6 others were injured when a gunman opened fire at New York’s Bronx Lebanon Hospital on Friday, police said.
The shooter took his own life, the Associated Press reported, citing a law enforcement official. An NYPD spokesman said the gunman died at the hospital.
The gunman, Dr. Henry Bello, was a doctor who formerly worked at the hospital, a law enforcement source told the AP. He entered Bronx Lebanon Hospital at about 2:50 p.m. on Friday with a rifle concealed in a lab coat and began shooting. The law enforcement official told the AP that Bello then apparently killed himself.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time