Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for Game of Thrones.
But while many fans speculate that Dany will be paying her first visit to King’s Landing, Emilia Clarke — who plays the dragon queen on the HBO drama — recently hinted that her character may also show up in an unexpected location.
“Spoiler alert – I normally don’t spend very much time in Belfast, but this last season I spent a little more time there,” she told Rolling Stone. “It’s a really interesting season in terms of some loose ends that have been tied, some really satisfying plot points, some things where you’re like, ‘Oh, my God. I forgot about that!’ Rumors are going to be confirmed or denied.”
Since the show typically films more northern scenes in Belfast, Clarke seems to be hinting that Daenerys will head straight into the heart of Westeros’ newly-arrived winter — perhaps for a rendezvous with King in the North Jon Snow. However, she could also just be leading fans astray.
Season seven of Game of Thrones premieres July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy