Zola, an intrepid gorilla at the Dallas Zoo, unanimously won the hearts of the Internet after a video of him joyfully dancing and twirling in a large tub of water went viral.
As many people online noted, Zola’s splashy dance performance bore a striking resemblance to welder-by-day, dancer-by-night Alex Owens’ famous water dance routine from the classic ’80s dance movie, Flashdance. So really, it was only a matter of time before someone synced the theme song “Flashdance…What a Feeling” by Irene Cara to Zola’s memorable dance routine, in what might be one of the most fitting pairings on the web.
However, Twitter user @BobHagh took it one step further by pairing Zola’s hot moves with Michael Sembello’s “Maniac,” a song that plays an integral part in the movie.
What a feeling, indeed!
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow