Zola, an intrepid gorilla at the Dallas Zoo, unanimously won the hearts of the Internet after a video of him joyfully dancing and twirling in a large tub of water went viral.
As many people online noted, Zola’s splashy dance performance bore a striking resemblance to welder-by-day, dancer-by-night Alex Owens’ famous water dance routine from the classic ’80s dance movie, Flashdance. So really, it was only a matter of time before someone synced the theme song “Flashdance…What a Feeling” by Irene Cara to Zola’s memorable dance routine, in what might be one of the most fitting pairings on the web.
However, Twitter user @BobHagh took it one step further by pairing Zola’s hot moves with Michael Sembello’s “Maniac,” a song that plays an integral part in the movie.
What a feeling, indeed!
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer