Zola, an intrepid gorilla at the Dallas Zoo, unanimously won the hearts of the Internet after a video of him joyfully dancing and twirling in a large tub of water went viral.
As many people online noted, Zola’s splashy dance performance bore a striking resemblance to welder-by-day, dancer-by-night Alex Owens’ famous water dance routine from the classic ’80s dance movie, Flashdance. So really, it was only a matter of time before someone synced the theme song “Flashdance…What a Feeling” by Irene Cara to Zola’s memorable dance routine, in what might be one of the most fitting pairings on the web.
However, Twitter user @BobHagh took it one step further by pairing Zola’s hot moves with Michael Sembello’s “Maniac,” a song that plays an integral part in the movie.
What a feeling, indeed!
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org