Ed Sheeran reportedly helped make a dying girl’s dream come true, just moments before she passed away.
Spurred by a Twitter campaign called #SongForTri, the musician called Triona Priestley, a 15-year-old teen in Dublin, Ireland who suffered from cystic fibrosis, and sang “Little Bird” to her before she drifted off into a deep sleep, The Los Angeles Times reports via Ireland’s Independent.ie and British news outlets.
According to The Daily Mail, a friend of the teen named Lucy Hanlon posted to Facebook that Sheeran’s manager got in touch with her to arrange the call, and the teen’s brother Colm confirmed to Independent.ie that she passed away shortly after she was serenaded.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating