Taylor Swift may have taken a break from the spotlight for 2017 so far, but that doesn’t mean the megawatt star hasn’t popped up in the cultural conversation. Sharp-eyed fans have discovered a fun Easter egg in fellow star Selena Gomez’s Netflix show, 13 Reasons Why, that may point to their longstanding friendship — or perhaps just how prevalent Swift is in pop culture.
One Tumblr user has pointed out that a familiar visage appears in the background of a scene in episode 10 of the much-hyped teen drama. While characters Tyler and Sheri are talking in the high school hallway, the shot behind them includes a blurry image of a poster. An iconic poster. A Taylor Swift 1989 album cover poster. Even in this faded-out state, it’s still recognizable, thanks to its distinctive framing.
This wouldn’t be the first time Swift has made a sneaky appearance in a Gomez project: just this month, the music video for Selena’s latest single “Bad Liar” also featured what people believe to be a version of her pal Taylor’s image in a Charlie’s Angels poster in her make-believe bedroom. So even though Swift isn’t making an actual visit to Selena’s sets, her presence is still clearly felt.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer