Taylor Swift may have taken a break from the spotlight for 2017 so far, but that doesn’t mean the megawatt star hasn’t popped up in the cultural conversation. Sharp-eyed fans have discovered a fun Easter egg in fellow star Selena Gomez’s Netflix show, 13 Reasons Why, that may point to their longstanding friendship — or perhaps just how prevalent Swift is in pop culture.
One Tumblr user has pointed out that a familiar visage appears in the background of a scene in episode 10 of the much-hyped teen drama. While characters Tyler and Sheri are talking in the high school hallway, the shot behind them includes a blurry image of a poster. An iconic poster. A Taylor Swift 1989 album cover poster. Even in this faded-out state, it’s still recognizable, thanks to its distinctive framing.
This wouldn’t be the first time Swift has made a sneaky appearance in a Gomez project: just this month, the music video for Selena’s latest single “Bad Liar” also featured what people believe to be a version of her pal Taylor’s image in a Charlie’s Angels poster in her make-believe bedroom. So even though Swift isn’t making an actual visit to Selena’s sets, her presence is still clearly felt.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time