Taylor Swift may have taken a break from the spotlight for 2017 so far, but that doesn’t mean the megawatt star hasn’t popped up in the cultural conversation. Sharp-eyed fans have discovered a fun Easter egg in fellow star Selena Gomez’s Netflix show, 13 Reasons Why, that may point to their longstanding friendship — or perhaps just how prevalent Swift is in pop culture.
One Tumblr user has pointed out that a familiar visage appears in the background of a scene in episode 10 of the much-hyped teen drama. While characters Tyler and Sheri are talking in the high school hallway, the shot behind them includes a blurry image of a poster. An iconic poster. A Taylor Swift 1989 album cover poster. Even in this faded-out state, it’s still recognizable, thanks to its distinctive framing.
This wouldn’t be the first time Swift has made a sneaky appearance in a Gomez project: just this month, the music video for Selena’s latest single “Bad Liar” also featured what people believe to be a version of her pal Taylor’s image in a Charlie’s Angels poster in her make-believe bedroom. So even though Swift isn’t making an actual visit to Selena’s sets, her presence is still clearly felt.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This