Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert decided to troll President Trump’s eldest son via Twitter during The Late Show on Monday night.
Rogen, who stopped by to talk about season 2 of his show Preacher, instead answered Colbert’s questions about his social media activity, particularly concerning Donald Trump Jr. Rogen explained that he discovered Trump Jr. follows him on Twitter, and decided to follow him back to “open up a line of communication” with the president’s son.
In February, Rogen tweeted at Trump Jr.
Then, realizing he could slide into Trump Jr.’s direct messages, Rogen wrote directly to him, saying: “Hey man! It’s Seth. Your father is trying to discredit our media, collude with Russia and destroy the environment. It would be super cool of you to be like ‘yo, dad, why don’t you stop all this and go back to being just a guy on TV.’ The majority of the world would be pretty psyched. Thanks!!!”
Rogen said he received “no response whatsoever.” Colbert, who discovered Trump Jr. also follows him, decided to “just, you know, reach out” on Rogen’s behalf.
Rogen also sent a followup message, although as of Tuesday morning, he still hadn’t heard back.
Watch them message Trump Jr. below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow