Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert decided to troll President Trump’s eldest son via Twitter during The Late Show on Monday night.
Rogen, who stopped by to talk about season 2 of his show Preacher, instead answered Colbert’s questions about his social media activity, particularly concerning Donald Trump Jr. Rogen explained that he discovered Trump Jr. follows him on Twitter, and decided to follow him back to “open up a line of communication” with the president’s son.
In February, Rogen tweeted at Trump Jr.
Then, realizing he could slide into Trump Jr.’s direct messages, Rogen wrote directly to him, saying: “Hey man! It’s Seth. Your father is trying to discredit our media, collude with Russia and destroy the environment. It would be super cool of you to be like ‘yo, dad, why don’t you stop all this and go back to being just a guy on TV.’ The majority of the world would be pretty psyched. Thanks!!!”
Rogen said he received “no response whatsoever.” Colbert, who discovered Trump Jr. also follows him, decided to “just, you know, reach out” on Rogen’s behalf.
Rogen also sent a followup message, although as of Tuesday morning, he still hadn’t heard back.
Watch them message Trump Jr. below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.