Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert decided to troll President Trump’s eldest son via Twitter during The Late Show on Monday night.
Rogen, who stopped by to talk about season 2 of his show Preacher, instead answered Colbert’s questions about his social media activity, particularly concerning Donald Trump Jr. Rogen explained that he discovered Trump Jr. follows him on Twitter, and decided to follow him back to “open up a line of communication” with the president’s son.
In February, Rogen tweeted at Trump Jr.
Then, realizing he could slide into Trump Jr.’s direct messages, Rogen wrote directly to him, saying: “Hey man! It’s Seth. Your father is trying to discredit our media, collude with Russia and destroy the environment. It would be super cool of you to be like ‘yo, dad, why don’t you stop all this and go back to being just a guy on TV.’ The majority of the world would be pretty psyched. Thanks!!!”
Rogen said he received “no response whatsoever.” Colbert, who discovered Trump Jr. also follows him, decided to “just, you know, reach out” on Rogen’s behalf.
Rogen also sent a followup message, although as of Tuesday morning, he still hadn’t heard back.
Watch them message Trump Jr. below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023