Dramatic footage released on Monday shows a SUV being struck by a Houston passenger train after the driver went around crossing gates.
In the video, released by the Metro Transit Authority of Harris County, Tex., the vehicle drives around the security gates before being struck broadside on the passenger side. Two adults and two children were in the car at the moment of the accident. Fortunately, the passengers reported non life-threatening injuries, the AP reported.
Police say the driver will be cited for running a red light and other infractions.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was