Jennifer Lawrence was unharmed after her private plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Buffalo over the weekend.
The “Hunger Games” actress was traveling from Louisville, Kentucky Saturday when one of the plane’s engines failed at 31,000 feet, her representative confirmed in a statement to TIME.
As the pilots were navigating the plane to make an emergency landing in Buffalo, New York. the other engine failed. But despite the double-engine failure, the plane landed safely. The 26-year-old Academy Award winner was not hurt during the incident, nor were any members of the crew.
Lawrence, who was visiting family in Kentucky, was greeted by multiple emergency vehicles upon the plane’s landing in upstate New York.
Lawrence’s original destination was not immediately clear.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer