A woman who was distracted by her phone and tripped over a door, falling six feet into a basement is now in stable condition.
Plainfield, N.J., Public Safety Director Carl Riley said the woman remains hospitalized, but is in stable condition, the Associated Press reported. The 67-year-old woman has not been identified. According to AP, her injuries are not life-threatening.
Surveillance footage showed that the woman was using her phone before walking into an open door and then tripping and falling into the opening.
Martin Delgadillo told WNBC-TV he saw the woman fall.
“I thought texting and driving was a bad thing,” Delgadillo said. “Now it’s texting and walking.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart