Danny and Sandy, through thick and thin.
One week after Olivia Newton-John publicly revealed she’s currently undergoing treatment for metastatic breast cancer, her longtime friend and former Grease costar John Travolta is sending love her way.
“Olivia has always been an incredible human being and an inspiration to millions of people,” he tells PEOPLE exclusively in a statement. “If we all put our intentions for her to get through this—I know her so well—she will feel it, and it will support her. We love her and she loves us.”
Travolta, 63, and Newton-John, 68, shot to superstardom in 1978 after they played 1950s high school lovebirds in the high school musical movie.
Over the years, the stars have teamed up to perform and even produced a holiday-themed album, This Christmas, together that featured a new duet, “I Think You Might Like It.”
Last fall, Newton-John opened up to PEOPLE about a dinner date with Travolta at his home where her husband, John Easterling, 65, watched Grease for the first time.
“John Travolta invited us for dinner because he wanted to meet my John. He has his plane parked on his own private runway, amazingly,” she recalled. “I told him that John had never seen Grease, so he said, ‘Well, why don’t we have dessert on the plane?’”
“My John had never seen it, so he got to see it with the two of us,” she continued. “It’s hilarious when I think about it. It sounds like a movie, but it really happened!”
This article originally appeared on People.com
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now