Haley, who will speak to council members in Geneva, is expected to say the U.S. will leave the council unless it removes what the Trump Administration sees as “anti-Israel bias,” Reuters reports. In a column published in the Washington Post last week, Haley argued the council “whitewashes brutality” and said she would outline changes that must be made to the council in her trip to Geneva this week.
“The council has been given a great responsibility,” she wrote. “It has been charged with using the moral power of universal human rights to be the world’s advocate for the most vulnerable among us. The United Nations must reclaim the legitimacy of this organization.”
“When the council passes more than 70 resolutions against Israel,” Haley wrote, “and just seven resolutions against Iran […] you know something is seriously wrong.”
Haley is expected to address the Human Rights Council at 11 a.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com