President Trump’s two oldest sons see the investigations into whether their father’s presidential campaign colluded with Russia as an effort to undermine the current administration.
“It, without a question, reads and smells like a witch hunt,” Donald Trump Jr. said during an interview Tuesday on Good Morning America.
His younger brother, Eric Trump, insisted the campaign had no dealings with Russia. “It’s the greatest hoax of all time,” he said.
Both men touted the Trump Organization’s latest move, which includes plans to expand its hotel chain with mid-market properties called the American Idea. Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump credited their father’s campaign for the expansion, saying the experience of traveling through the country showed there was a “void” of hotels in smaller U.S. communities.
“It has nothing to do with politics,” Trump Jr. said, dismissing the idea that a hotel chain expansion would put more scrutiny on their father’s involvement in the family business.
The Trump sons revealed during the interview that they share profit reports from the Trump Organization with their father, despite President Trump’s promise to not discuss the family business while in office.
“It doesn’t blur the lines. You’re allowed to show that,” Eric Trump said.
He added, “Remember the President of the United States has zero conflicts of interest. Zero.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement