Justin Trudeau — of course — takes time during his kayak trips to chat with the regular Canadians.
Canada’s Prime Minster rode his kayak along Niagra-on-the-Lake in Ontario to mark World Environment Day on Monday. “The future is still bright for those who have the courage to confront hard truths, and the confidence to stay the course,” he said in his comments after his kayak ride, according to Reuters.
“Canada will not back down from its commitment to fight climate change – and we are not alone. Around the world, nearly every country is on our side. Inaction is not an option,” he said. “We can’t walk away from the reality of climate change.”
The politician even paddled up to a group of homeowners to chat about the impact of climate change on the river. “Any day on the water, we call this work you know?” he joked in a video shared by Carrie Robinson. We know.
He is no stranger to having his outdoor moments go viral — including the time when he surprised a family while hiking (shirtlessly).
Perhaps he wanted to paddle to draw more attention to the real issues than himself. Tall order, Trudeau.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now