Bill Cosby arrived for the first day of his sexual assault trial with the actor who played his daughter on The Cosby Show by his side.
Keshia Knight Pulliam, who played Cosby’s youngest daughter Rudy Huxtable on the TV show, walked arm-in-arm with Cosby into the Montgomery County courthouse in Pennsylvania. Neither spoke as they entered the courthouse.
Pulliam has previously voiced support for Cosby, telling Access Hollywood in 2015: “I can only speak to the great man that I know and love, who has been so generous, who has been such a philanthropist, giving millions of dollars to education and schools.”
Cosby, 79, is accused of drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand, who worked as the women’s basketball team manager for Temple University. Cosby has called the encounter consensual.
Correction: The original version of this story misspelled Keshia Knight Pulliam’s name.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org