Michelle Obama stepped out in Tuscany, Italy, this weekend.
The former First Lady smiled and waved at throngs of locals in the hill town of Montalcino in a video filmed by a local TV station. A number of her supporters featured in the video who had gathered told her “we miss you.” The cobbled together clips show her strolling through the sights in a ruffly one-shoulder top and white slacks, a relaxed departure from her White House wardrobe. Throughout the video, Obama experienced various tourist activity pleasures from enjoying gelato with friends to trying on a summer hat.
Earlier in May, the former two-term POTUS discussed climate change and the food supply at the Seeds & Chips Global Food Innovation Summit in Milan, and it looks like the pair have been taking in the sights.
The Obamas have emerged as a somewhat rare example of maintaining the public’s interest after the White House. The Obamas’ post-White House trips might be best remembered by photos of the former POTUS kitesurfing the waves on Richard Branson’s island, but Michelle is enjoying her time in the sun too.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow