A Saturday Night Live season finale is not complete without surprise guest appearances from celebrities.
And Season 42’s finale did not disappoint — with Alec Baldwin, who has been portraying President Donald Trump, and Scarlett Johansson, who played Ivanka Trump during her hosting gig earlier this year, both making appearances Saturday night.
The two appeared in the cold open, which began with Baldwin, as Trump, playing the piano and singing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” — a nod to the show’s post-election sketch where Kate McKinnon sang the song as Hillary Clinton after her surprising loss.
But for Baldwin’s rendition, Trump sings the song following a tumultuous few weeks in the White House that included the ouster of FBI Director James Comey and the Department of Justice’s appointment of a special counsel for the ongoing Russia probe.
Then members Trump’s family joined: Starting with Alex Moffatt as Eric Trump and Mikey Day as Donald Trump Jr. Then came Aidy Bryant as Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the Grim Reaper, Saturday Night Live’s version of Steve Bannon.
Finally, Johansson as Ivanka Trump and Cecily Strong as Melania Trump join Baldwin on stage.
“I’m not giving up because I didn’t do anything wrong,” he said after they finished the song, once again echoing McKinnon’s statement as Clinton. “But I can’t speak for any of these people.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out