Texas Democratic Rep. Al Green took to the House floor Wednesday morning to call for President Donald Trump to be impeached.
Green’s speech comes a day after reports that Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to stop his investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The White House has denied those reports, saying “the President has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation.”
The Texas Congressman has been calling for Trump’s impeachment since Monday. In a statement, Green cited as grounds for impeachment the President’s firing of Comey while he was overseeing the investigation into possible ties between Trump associates and Russia, and his actions after the fact.
Read the transcript of Green’s speech below:
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk