Green’s speech comes a day after reports that Trump asked then-FBI Director James Comey to stop his investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The White House has denied those reports, saying “the President has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation.”
The Texas Congressman has been calling for Trump’s impeachment since Monday. In a statement, Green cited as grounds for impeachment the President’s firing of Comey while he was overseeing the investigation into possible ties between Trump associates and Russia, and his actions after the fact.
Read the transcript of Green’s speech below:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This