Award winning documentary maker Michael Moore is shooting a new film about President Donald Trump called Fahrenheit 11/9.
The title of Moore’s upcoming documentary both references the date of Trump’s 2016 presidential election victory and riffs on the filmmaker’s most famous work “Fahrenheit 9/11“, which charted the run-up to former President George W. Bush’s so-called War on Terror.
Bob and Harvey Weinstein — who released Fahrenheit 9/11 and which grossed over $200 million — have acquired the rights to distribute Moore’s new film, Variety reports.
On Tuesday, the 63-year-old filmmaker took to Twitter to confirm the project. “Yes. I’m making a movie to get us out of this mess,” he wrote.
In an earlier statement, Moore said about Trump: “No matter what you throw at him, it hasn’t worked. No matter what is revealed, he remains standing. Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him. Even when he commits a self-inflicted wound, he gets up the next morning and keeps going and tweeting. That all ends with this movie.”
Last summer, Moore — who has previously taken on capitalism, big business, and gun culture in the U.S. — correctly predicted that Trump would beat Hilary Clinton to the U.S. presidency on the back of victories in America’s rustbelt states.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror