Brad Pitt says he’s focused on “figuring out the new configuration of our family” following his split from Angelina Jolie.
In a new interview with the Associated Press, the actor said his priority is “keeping the ship afloat” for his six children with Jolie. ”Kids are everything,” he said. “Kids are your life. They’re taking all the focus, as they should anyway.”
Pitt previously opened up about his breakup from Jolie in an interview with GQ Style published earlier this month. The couple, who wed in 2014, announced their separation last September. Pitt was later investigated for alleged child abuse, though he was ultimately cleared of all wrongdoing. In January, Jolie and Pitt agreed to handle their divorce in private.
Pitt told AP that he’s fine being open about the recent headlines surrounding his personal life — and that he’s able to handle the recent changes. “I’m not suicidal or something,” he said. “There’s still much beauty in the world and a lot of love. And a lot of love to be given. It’s all right. It’s just life.”
Read the full interview on AP.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement