In a new interview with the Associated Press, the actor said his priority is “keeping the ship afloat” for his six children with Jolie. ”Kids are everything,” he said. “Kids are your life. They’re taking all the focus, as they should anyway.”
Pitt previously opened up about his breakup from Jolie in an interview with GQ Style published earlier this month. The couple, who wed in 2014, announced their separation last September. Pitt was later investigated for alleged child abuse, though he was ultimately cleared of all wrongdoing. In January, Jolie and Pitt agreed to handle their divorce in private.
Pitt told AP that he’s fine being open about the recent headlines surrounding his personal life — and that he’s able to handle the recent changes. “I’m not suicidal or something,” he said. “There’s still much beauty in the world and a lot of love. And a lot of love to be given. It’s all right. It’s just life.”
Read the full interview on AP.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Samantha Cooney at firstname.lastname@example.org