Drake just raised the bar for proms everywhere by chaperoning his younger cousin at her high school dance.
The rapper took his second cousin Jalaah Moore and her date to their big night in Memphis, Tennessee over the weekend, by the looks of reports and photos from the event.
Like a prom fairy godfather, he pulled out all the stops—spotting the couple’s custom matching outfits as well as throwing an afterparty at Hard Rock for hundreds of attendees, TMZ reports.
Drake, a true gentleman, did not compete with the couple’s sequined formalwear and lay low in a black jacket and turtleneck.
Reports say Drake didn’t perform, but his presence alone was probably exciting for the high schoolers in and of itself.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror