Miley Cyrus’s return to music with new single “Malibu” also means the singer and former Disney starlet is taking a trip through memory lane. During a visit to Radio Disney, Cyrus had the chance to re-watch one of her game-changing audition tapes for Hannah Montana, the show that launched her to stardom. This clip is of her singing, foreshadowing her musical success to come.
“By the way, my t-shirt says ‘I should have my own TV show,'” Cyrus pointed out as she began watching the clip. In it, a pre-fame Cyrus confidently belts out a song called “Let’s Go to the Beach.” The executives she’s performing for in the tape ask her if she’s signed to a record label yet. “No, but it’s going to happen,” young Miley responded with lots of attitude, a hair toss, and a distinctive southern accent. “And you are just the one that’s gonna do it,” present-day Miley added with a laugh.
“Looks like someone had an eye for talent,” someone else in the room chimed in about the auspicious start. “This is a jewel,” Cyrus admits at the end.
Cyrus hasn’t always shared fond memories of her Hannah Montana days, but looks like her newly evolved sound and perspective are giving her a chance to relive her childhood glory with no hard feelings. Watch her get nostalgic, above.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now