Both Star Wars and old-school video games are cultural phenomena for the ages. So why not combine the two? At least that seems to be the thinking behind one fan’s recreation of The Last Jedi trailer in old-school 8-bit format — a parody that has already earned the approval of The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.
After the scene-by-scene remake was posted by YouTube channel JoBlo Videos Wednesday, Johnson was quick to tweet his support for the project. “Oh my god that is awesome. Well done,” he replied to JoBlo’s John Stratman, who had sent him the video with the question, “Did I get it right?”
Johnson then shared the link — and his own nostalgic thoughts on the matter — with his 330,000 followers. “Here’s something pleasant! Makes me want to replay Monkey Island,” he wrote, referencing the classic LucasArts game series that followed the adventures of notorious pirate Guybrush Threepwood.
Watch the trailer below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now