While 31% of Americans said they support the bill, 44% of respondents said they oppose it and a quarter said they were unsure, according to the HuffPost/YouGov survey.
More of those surveyed (39%) said the American Health Care Act would likely be worse than the Affordable Care Act than said it would be better (26%).
The GOP bill passed narrowly in the House and now faces consideration in the Senate.
The poll, conducted online on May 6, surveyed 1,000 adults and had a margin of error of +/- 4.5%.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow