While 31% of Americans said they support the bill, 44% of respondents said they oppose it and a quarter said they were unsure, according to the HuffPost/YouGov survey.
More of those surveyed (39%) said the American Health Care Act would likely be worse than the Affordable Care Act than said it would be better (26%).
The GOP bill passed narrowly in the House and now faces consideration in the Senate.
The poll, conducted online on May 6, surveyed 1,000 adults and had a margin of error of +/- 4.5%.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time