Sally Yates delivered her opening statement about the concerns she raised regarding one of President Donald Trump’s national security adviser Michael Flynna and his connections with Russia.
The former acting Attorney General testified in front of a Senate Judiciary subcommittee that is investigating possible Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election Monday.
This is the first time Yates spoke publicly about her concerns. It was also her first time back on Capitol Hill since she was fired in January after she refused to defend Trump’s travel ban.
Read the transcript of her testimony below:
This story will be updated as the hearing continues.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction