Lena Dunham is speaking out against Us Weekly featuring her photo on the cover of a recent issue promoting diet tips. The Girls star took to Instagram to slam the magazine for using her picture in connection to the story, countering the piece with her own sarcastic weight loss advice.
“20 slimdown diet tips,” she captioned a picture of the cover, adding a list of suggestions such as, “anxiety disorder” and “resultant constant nausea,” “an election that reveals the true depths of American misogyny” and “quiet rage that replaces need for food with need for revenge.”
Dunham concluded with a final rebuttal of Us‘s treatment of the issue. “I have no tips I give no tips I don’t want to be on this cover cuz it’s diametrically opposed to everything I’ve fought my whole career for and it’s not a compliment to me because it’s not an achievement thanx,” she wrote.
Us Weekly did not immediately respond to Motto‘s request for comment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer