It’s lucky that Queen Elizabeth II, monarch of England and 91-year-old iconic independent woman, doesn’t need a driving license. (She’s the only person in England who can dispense with that particular bit of bureaucratic nonsense.) She gets to drive herself when she desires, which apparently happened on Sunday after her morning visit to church. Photographers snapped the royal leader behind the wheel of her classic green Jaguar as she cruised through Windsor Park — and people are loving the sight of the classy monarch going about her commute in signature style, complete with hat, of course.
The Queen is also regularly spotted taking her Land Rover for a spin as well. Nice rides, Your Majesty. It should be noted that she first learned to drive during WWII, when she served as a mechanic for the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service. It should also be noted that the path she was cruising down on Sunday in Windsor Park is reserved only for her and for park rangers.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year