It’s lucky that Queen Elizabeth II, monarch of England and 91-year-old iconic independent woman, doesn’t need a driving license. (She’s the only person in England who can dispense with that particular bit of bureaucratic nonsense.) She gets to drive herself when she desires, which apparently happened on Sunday after her morning visit to church. Photographers snapped the royal leader behind the wheel of her classic green Jaguar as she cruised through Windsor Park — and people are loving the sight of the classy monarch going about her commute in signature style, complete with hat, of course.
The Queen is also regularly spotted taking her Land Rover for a spin as well. Nice rides, Your Majesty. It should be noted that she first learned to drive during WWII, when she served as a mechanic for the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service. It should also be noted that the path she was cruising down on Sunday in Windsor Park is reserved only for her and for park rangers.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was