While it’s a fact well-established that Canadian Prime Minister and international heartthrob Justin Trudeau is a staunch feminist and a young, hip politician, he showed off his nerdy side on none other than International Star Wars Day by prominently sporting a special pair of socks, one of which featured C-3PO and the other of which featured R2-D2.
In case there was any doubt that Trudeau is really a true Star Wars fan, he posted a picture of the socks to his personal Twitter account along with the caption, “These are the socks you are looking for,” referencing Obi-Wan Kenobi’s iconic line from the original 1977 movie and the hashtag #MayTheFourthBeWithYou.
Predictably, the Internet went wild for Trudeau’s out of this world socks, expressing everything from admiration to exultation.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate