At Monday night’s Met Gala, the Emmy Award-winning actor spotted Madonna on her way to celebrate the Costume Institute’s new exhibit on Comme des Garçon designer Rei Kawakubo. Like anyone who just ran into the Material Girl in real life, Paulson fully stopped and gawked at the Material Girl and her over-the-top camouflage ball gown.
Paulson could have dropped her jaw and pointed in excitement at spotting the Queen of Pop and gone on her way and the world would never know that she loved Madonna as much as her fans do. However, the Met Gala is one of the most photographed events in the world and the entire moment was captured on camera and shared with the world. Twitter was all over it, too, because it’s just so relatable. Perhaps Paulson will understand if everyone (politely) stops and gawk at her now.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating