The video clip, released Thursday, shows the White House as a target, followed by an aircraft carrier exploding into flames.
According to the Washington Post, the caption accompanying that image translates in English to read, “When the enemy takes the first step toward provocation and invasion.”
Aircraft carriers, navy vessels and footage of men rushing out of tanks and onto shore from the sea are also included in the video.
The video was released by a North Korean website Meari, the Washington Post reports.
Although North Korea has released propaganda videos before, this one comes amidst rising tensions between the reclusive country and the United States. As North Korea continues to develop its nuclear weapons and conduct missile tests, the United States has ordered the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier to the waters off the Korean Peninsula, and conducted its own nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile test.
On Wednesday, the Trump administration summoned the entire Senate for a briefing on this issue.
“What you’ve seen is really an integrated effort to prioritize diplomatic and informational aspects of national power, but also what you’ll see soon is using the economic dimension of national power as well as the military preparations that are underway,” a White House official told reporters as the Senate was being briefed.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time