Pope Francis made a surprise appearance at the TED 2017 conference Tuesday as he spoke about power, interaction and the future.
His talk, titled “The Future You,” was filmed in Vatican City and debuted at the at the conference in Vancouver. The future — like life — is shaped by interaction, the pontiff said.
“Please, allow me to say it loud and clear: the more powerful you are, the more your actions will have an impact on people, the more responsible you are to act humbly,” he said.
Pope Francis ended his talk saying, “The future of humankind isn’t exclusively in the hands of politicians, of great leaders, of big companies.”
Read the full transcript from TED Talk below:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate