Pope Francis made a surprise appearance at the TED 2017 conference Tuesday as he spoke about power, interaction and the future.
His talk, titled “The Future You,” was filmed in Vatican City and debuted at the at the conference in Vancouver. The future — like life — is shaped by interaction, the pontiff said.
“Please, allow me to say it loud and clear: the more powerful you are, the more your actions will have an impact on people, the more responsible you are to act humbly,” he said.
Pope Francis ended his talk saying, “The future of humankind isn’t exclusively in the hands of politicians, of great leaders, of big companies.”
Read the full transcript from TED Talk below:
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World