Pope Francis made a surprise appearance at the TED 2017 conference Tuesday as he spoke about power, interaction and the future.
His talk, titled “The Future You,” was filmed in Vatican City and debuted at the at the conference in Vancouver. The future — like life — is shaped by interaction, the pontiff said.
“Please, allow me to say it loud and clear: the more powerful you are, the more your actions will have an impact on people, the more responsible you are to act humbly,” he said.
Pope Francis ended his talk saying, “The future of humankind isn’t exclusively in the hands of politicians, of great leaders, of big companies.”
Read the full transcript from TED Talk below:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart