Viola Davis said there’s a piece of advice she’s been giving to her daughter lately: “Stop apologizing.”
On the TIME 100 Gala red carpet Tuesday, Davis said: “We’re at this huge point in our lives in history where we need to step into our power and not give it over to anyone or apologize for it…and understand that in whatever we do. We deserve to be there and we deserve to have a voice.”
The regular accolade-collector is known for supplying the internet with some of the most emotionally rich inspirational viral speeches. So it was no surprise that the Fences actor hit the event with a message to deliver to women, who she says are at a pivotal moment.
Watch the full clip of the self-described rebel above.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive