You couldn’t take a step at the 2017 TIME 100 Gala without rubbing shoulders with a major player.
Leslie Jones, Margot Robbie, and Riz Ahmed were just three of the attendees at the 2017 TIME 100 Gala on Tuesday. Between performances from John Legend and Demi Lovato to toasts from Syrian Defense leader Raed Saleh and Viola Davis, it was a night for the books.
Here are five of the most unforgettable moments from the event.
Time 100 Member Demi Lovato performed her hits
Viola Davis delivered a powerful toast
“Everybody in this room, I’m sure at some point, has gone through something in their lives, and you survived it,” Davis said. “But not only did you survive it, you took that trauma, and that hurt, that revelation, or whatever it was, and you used it to connect, to give, to influence, to help, and that is the beauty and the purpose of what we are here on this Earth to do.”
John Legend basically performed an entire concert for everyone at the TIME 100 gala
He even worked in a “love you Ava,” shout out to TIME 100 Ava DuVernay member, who also raised a glass to everyone’s inspirational figures.
Trevor Noah and Riz Ahmed hit it off
The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah and Rogue One’s Riz Ahmed became buds.
Leslie Jones combined superpowers with Ryan Reynolds
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org