So when Stephen Colbert had the comedian on Thursday’s Late Show, the host seized the opportunity to feed him phrases that “Trump will never say, but we would like to hear.”
“I was hoping you could say a few things that we would like to hear Trump to say, but he will never actually say,” Colbert said, and the game was on.
“My support of Bill O’Reilly was wrong. Insensitive and totally stupid,” Atamanuik said with the appropriate combination of gestures, adding “I would like to officially announce that I will no longer be seeking a third term.” Big applause on that one.
Atamanuik has been nailing his darkly funny Trump character that comes with the comedian’s activist bent since August 2015.
Watch the full clip below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022