So when Stephen Colbert had the comedian on Thursday’s Late Show, the host seized the opportunity to feed him phrases that “Trump will never say, but we would like to hear.”
“I was hoping you could say a few things that we would like to hear Trump to say, but he will never actually say,” Colbert said, and the game was on.
“My support of Bill O’Reilly was wrong. Insensitive and totally stupid,” Atamanuik said with the appropriate combination of gestures, adding “I would like to officially announce that I will no longer be seeking a third term.” Big applause on that one.
Atamanuik has been nailing his darkly funny Trump character that comes with the comedian’s activist bent since August 2015.
Watch the full clip below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up