“Are they crazy?” McCain tweeted Wednesday with a link to the Wall Street Journal‘s report.
In March, McCain said the investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election needs to be handled by a “special committee,” criticizing Congress’ management of the case up to that point.”It’s a bizarre situation,” McCain said. “I think that this back and forth and what the American people have found so far is that no longer does Congress have the credibility to handle this alone.”
Exxon recently applied to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for a waiver in order to continue its joint venture with Russian oil company PAO Rosneft, sources told the Journal. Exxon has been trying to gain access to the region around the Black Sea since 2015, according to the report.
Exxon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State