“Are they crazy?” McCain tweeted Wednesday with a link to the Wall Street Journal‘s report.
In March, McCain said the investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election needs to be handled by a “special committee,” criticizing Congress’ management of the case up to that point.”It’s a bizarre situation,” McCain said. “I think that this back and forth and what the American people have found so far is that no longer does Congress have the credibility to handle this alone.”
Exxon recently applied to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for a waiver in order to continue its joint venture with Russian oil company PAO Rosneft, sources told the Journal. Exxon has been trying to gain access to the region around the Black Sea since 2015, according to the report.
Exxon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve