“Are they crazy?” McCain tweeted Wednesday with a link to the Wall Street Journal‘s report.
In March, McCain said the investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election needs to be handled by a “special committee,” criticizing Congress’ management of the case up to that point.”It’s a bizarre situation,” McCain said. “I think that this back and forth and what the American people have found so far is that no longer does Congress have the credibility to handle this alone.”
Exxon recently applied to the U.S. Department of the Treasury for a waiver in order to continue its joint venture with Russian oil company PAO Rosneft, sources told the Journal. Exxon has been trying to gain access to the region around the Black Sea since 2015, according to the report.
Exxon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com