While White House officials told TIME the decision was made in consideration of “national security risks,” and that they anticipated criticism, Kimmel wondered what supporters of President Donald Trump thought of the move.
“You have to wonder if Trump supporters are concerned about this, or really anything he does,” Jimmy Kimmel said on Tuesday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! The show took to the streets to find out for the show’s parody Lie Witness News segment. Surveying a collection of individuals who identified as pro-Trump, an interviewer asked people on the street how they’d feel if Trump met with a a bunch of disgraced criminals, who of course aren’t actually on the White House visitor logs.
According to the small selection of humanity’s representatives with whom Live! spoke, many would be willing to accept the president’s fake secret meetings with Bernie Madoff, Joseph Stalin, and Jared of Subway to get their expertise.
“He’s got something up his sleeve,” one man volunteered as an explanation.
Watch the full clip above.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears