The suspect in a Fresno shooting told police that he hates white people and shouted “God is great” in Arabic before killing three people, authorities said.
All three of 39-year-old Kori Ali Muhammad’s victims were white and were shot minutes apart near a Catholic Charities building Tuesday morning, according to the Associated Press.
Muhammad was arrested not long after and is also suspected of fatally shooting a Motel 6 security guard in Fresno last week.
Dyer said Muhammad made additional comments to authorities, but did not elaborate.
He is not believed to be connected to Catholic Charities or the Motel 6.
“This was a random act of violence,” Dyer said.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror