The suspect in a Fresno shooting told police that he hates white people and shouted “God is great” in Arabic before killing three people, authorities said.
All three of 39-year-old Kori Ali Muhammad’s victims were white and were shot minutes apart near a Catholic Charities building Tuesday morning, according to the Associated Press.
Muhammad was arrested not long after and is also suspected of fatally shooting a Motel 6 security guard in Fresno last week.
Dyer said Muhammad made additional comments to authorities, but did not elaborate.
He is not believed to be connected to Catholic Charities or the Motel 6.
“This was a random act of violence,” Dyer said.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving