The order, referred to as “Buy American, Hire American,” will aim to prevent immigration fraud, as well as make changes to H-1B visa program, Reuters reported. It also aligns with his “America First” campaign promises.
The executive order will ask for “the strict enforcement of all laws governing entry to the United States of labor from abroad for the stated purpose of creating higher wages and higher employment rates for workers in the United States,” according to Reuters.
Trump will sign the executive order during a his visit to Kenosha, Wis., where he will visit the headquarters of tool manufacturer Snap-on Inc. The president is slated to tour the company prior to signing the executive order at 3:20 p.m. ET.
Watch it live above.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.