The order, referred to as “Buy American, Hire American,” will aim to prevent immigration fraud, as well as make changes to H-1B visa program, Reuters reported. It also aligns with his “America First” campaign promises.
The executive order will ask for “the strict enforcement of all laws governing entry to the United States of labor from abroad for the stated purpose of creating higher wages and higher employment rates for workers in the United States,” according to Reuters.
Trump will sign the executive order during a his visit to Kenosha, Wis., where he will visit the headquarters of tool manufacturer Snap-on Inc. The president is slated to tour the company prior to signing the executive order at 3:20 p.m. ET.
Watch it live above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time