President Donald Trump is expected to sign an executive order on Tuesday that will make changes to a temporary visa program that brings workers to the United States for high-skilled jobs.
The order, referred to as “Buy American, Hire American,” will aim to prevent immigration fraud, as well as make changes to H-1B visa program, Reuters reported. It also aligns with his “America First” campaign promises.
The executive order will ask for “the strict enforcement of all laws governing entry to the United States of labor from abroad for the stated purpose of creating higher wages and higher employment rates for workers in the United States,” according to Reuters.
Trump will sign the executive order during a his visit to Kenosha, Wis., where he will visit the headquarters of tool manufacturer Snap-on Inc. The president is slated to tour the company prior to signing the executive order at 3:20 p.m. ET.
Watch it live above.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far