The 139th annual Easter Egg Roll is always a festive occasion at the White House, and this year’s party was no exception, with Donald Trump delivering a speech to the assembled crowd alongside a larger-than-life, bespectacled visitor: the Easter Bunny himself.
“We will be stronger and bigger and better as a nation than ever before,” Trump said in his Easter Monday remarks from a balcony, flanked by the bunny and First Lady Melania.
The holiday pairing led to an outpouring of comments online, as viewers joked about the Trump-Bunny buddy duo—and wondered who could possibly be inside the large, fuzzy costume. (Although he’s appeared in bunny costume before, it wasn’t Press Secretary Sean Spicer, as he had a different task: reading to kids on the South Lawn.)
See some of the reactions below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow