Talk about a serious upgrade.
Over 200 million people (!!!) now use Instagram Stories on a daily basis, and we predict their latest updates will only increase those impressive numbers.
The app rolled out several new features today, including a new tool that allows you to be more creative and playful with your selfies by creating, adding, and pinning stickers to your photos and videos. After you take a photo or video, tap the smiley face and you’ll see a camera icon that lets you capture a mini-selfie sticker. Before or after capturing, tap to apply different frame styles (fade or circle), and then put your selfie sticker anywhere—you can adjust the size and use as many other creative tools as you want. You can even pin multiple things in the same video, and place stickers in a specific spot by tapping, holding the stick, and hitting “Pin.”
But that’s not all. If you live in or are hanging out in Chicago, London, Madrid or Tokyo, you’ll also start seeing new geostickers that pop up with the city’s name. They’re also making it easier than ever to find your go-to stickers—you can now swipe right to see all of your favorites.
Do these features sound familiar? We have a feeling you aren’t the only one who thinks so.
Snapchat better watch its back.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve