The Autonomous Space Agency Network launched a weather balloon about 90,000 feet above the Earth with a pointed message for the president on a large printed card: “LOOK AT THAT, YOU SON OF A B-TCH.”
The “DIY space exploration” group used a homemade weather balloon to launch this tweet and capture it all with a camera on Wednesday. The purpose: to expand Trump’s focus on humanity’s home planet by @ing him with a perspective-shifting view of the world.
The appeal is a direct quote from the late Apollo 14 NASA astronaut Edgar Mitchell, the sixth person to walk the moon. Intended as a wake-up call, it evokes his enlightening description of the sight:
Technically speaking, the tweet — launched from Phoenix — did not actually reach outerspace, but this is the furthest any of Trump’s detractors have ever ventured.
ASAN sent the tweet out to support the March for Science protest, a nonpartisan group calling for “science that upholds the common good,” taking place on Earth Day April 22.
You can watch the tweet’s two-hour long journey below.
Trump recently signed a bill authorizing NASA funding and Mars exploration.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com