The former couple had been married for 10 years when they decided to split in June 2015. At the time, they said they were moving forward “with love and friendship for one another and a commitment to co-parenting our children.”
Since the original announcement, the family has been seen together on outings and taking vacations with both parents and all three children: Violet, 11, Seraphina, 8, and Samuel, 4. And in December, Affleck called Garner the “world’s greatest mom” at a Times Talk in New York. The pair’s close relationship has sparked rumors they may get back together, but the divorce filings seem to put those to rest.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Abigail Abrams at email@example.com